Welcome to SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN(SSA),A.P,HYDERABAD.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is an effort to universalise elementary education by community-ownership
of the school system. It is a response to the demand for quality basic education
all over the country. The SSA programme is also an attempt to provide an opportunity
for improving human capabilities to all children, through provision of community-owned
quality education in a mission mode
WHAT IS SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN?
- A programme with a clear time frame for universal elementary education.
- A response to the demand for quality basic education all over the country.
- An opportunity for promoting social justice through basic education.
- An effort at effectively involving the Panchayat Raj Institutions, School Management
Committees, Village and Urban Slum level Education Committees, Parents' Teachers'
Associations, Mother Teacher Associations, Tribal Autonomous Councils and other
grass root level structures in the management of elementary schools.
- An expression of political will for universal elementary education across the country.
- A partnership between the Central, State and the local government.
- An opportunity for State to develop their own vision of elementary education.